This work is by Morgan Griffith member of CPS and independent film maker. I think it makes a very good photograph because there is plenty of visual interest there and yet it is ordered, clean. It is not just a record of what this piece of architecture (Liverpool Library roof) looks like, the way Morgan has framed it makes it quite abstract and you can begin to look at the items in it, and their shadows, in a new way. The granite seats seem to lead us up to the wall as an entry into the picture, helped by the fact that they start out of the frame (in it they would just be another of the items, interesting but functionless). It is frequently said that landscapes do not do well in competitions, perhaps because a general vista, unless very well captured and carefully constructed is easily and quickly appreciated with items too small to get into as we can here.
Monthly Forum Theme is Round and Red
NEW! – Saturday July 16: Wigan 10 won the PAGB Inter-Club PDI Championships, regaining their leadership in the event with 11 montages in their final entry.
Chorley PS were in 3rd place and local heroes Alsager CC put in a good fight in the Plate trophy but suffered one or two punishing marks.
NEW! – Jeremy Malley-Smith has another of his Isle of Mull Workshops 27 August – 3rd September
NEW!- PAGB Inter-Federation Results (Paul Hill’s print Grouse Calling accepted, no PDI results yet) and award winners now on PAGB site.
L&CPU Exhibition – 9-30 July at Urmston Library- EVENTS
Our new season starts in September, the programme is here.
You are welcome to join us then, meanwhile please explore our website
and visit our Flickr site, Facebook page or follow us @crewephotosoc and @JohnRoyle5 on Twitter .
We will be meeting at the Life Style Centre which is in Moss Square, Crewe, CW1 2BB.
CREWE PS ANNOUNCEMENTS
• See L&CPU website for Photographer of the Year etc and pictures of the print judging day. • L&CPU Annual Individuals Comp Marks
• The Monthly Theme for July is ‘Round and Red’ – Only members may enter images.
• Competition Secretary’s Report – 2015-16 Season – Awards Evening 2016
• Check out our LINKS page
• Beginning photography? 10 week course organised by the Royal Photographic Society the Open University, starting each October and March – DETAILS.
LCPU & PAGB NEWS!
• Wigan 10 win Club PDI Championships
• PAGB eNews Website .
• “Be Careful What You Wish For” is a personal account of art photography since 1970 by Ian McNab.
Ian writes with authority and clarity and we expect the article to be of wide interest.
—– EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS —–
Doug Chinnery at Bakewell Visitors Centre, A Walk In The Woods – An exhibition of Doug’s atmospheric landscapes, until 31 August.
For other exhibitions … Visit our EVENTS PAGE .