From 7th April 2016 we move to the new LIFESTYLE CENTRE (Moss Square, Crewe, Cheshire. CW1 2BB*) in Crewe town centre just by the Police Station and Christ Church.
*Please note that your satnav may not recognise this new postcode, just use CW1 2DH to take you to the old Library, where you can park (beneath) and walk to the LSC.
It is just metres away from our old meeting room in Crewe Library, which is now closed. Park under the old Library as before and walk the few metres to the Life Style Centre. Our new room is Suite 3 down the corridor on the left. Presently we are still meeting at 7.45pm.
In 2016 our season finishes at the end of April, commencing first Thursday in September.
Before you decide to become a member, you can come to up to 3 meetings and just pay the regular attendance levy of £2.
Annual membership is
- £25 for an individual, (£2 attendance levy)
- £40 for a couple, (£2 per person attendance levy)
- £5 for a student (over 18) in full-time education (with a £1 attendance levy for each meeting you come to).
- £5 for a Junior (under 18) and no attendance levy for juniors, but they must be accompanied by an adult. (The Society’s ‘Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy’ is Appendix 1 of the CPS Constitution [PDF download].)
We have a very varied Programme each season including:
- Demonstrations of photographic techniques and equipment
- Shows of the best prints, and projected images from around the region and nationally.
- Excellent talks from society members and invited speakers on a wide range of topics. (You’ll find helpful handouts on a number of topics on the Resources page in the Results/Downloads tab.)
- A range of competitions, open to everyone, among society members and between Crewe PS and other clubs. (See the Competitions section below).
Competitions are an excellent way to improve your photography. Any member can enter, and the work is assessed by an invited judge. They provide encouragement and constructive criticism. (Don’t worry — your entries can be anonymous)
Throughout the season we run league competitions for prints and for Projected Digital Images (PDIs); and there are final Annual Competitions at the end of the season.
We enter a number of external competitions; battles with other local clubs and the L&CPU regional competitions, which are a great chance to meet members of other societies, visit their clubs and view their work. We enter the national Great British Cup.