PDI 2 2015 – Our Second Projections Competition of the season – 8 Jan 2015
Tonight we welcomed a new judge, Darrell Oakden DPAGB BPE2, to cast his eye over our 79 offerings and he did a splendid job with his comments – the time just flew. Everyone deserves respect for their work and Darrell certainly showed that but he also gave some good advice, always offered in the right way. He will certainly be asked back again.
In this, the first meeting after the Christmas break, we had a lot of news to catch up on and members had most of the details by email before the meeting. This is the way a lot of club business is communicated, but on this occasion there are a few things everyone will find useful……..
2. Landscape photographer Doug Chinnery has webinars and videos of webinars available on his website at http://www.dougchinnery.com/
I can commend these to you most heartily! The next webinar is about printing and is on January 23. They cost 3.99, money very wisely spent. You get a video to download if you miss the webinar and he is also offering a 20% discount on Fotospeed paper in the next webinar.
3. The RPS article about Ron Smith has been published.
4. Please support the fight to keep Birmingham Library fulfilling the promising start it has made with curating photography. A number of leading photographers from the Midlands (and elsewhere) have their archives there – it could become a great centre – if it is not strangled at birth. See front page of website to see what you can do. http://www.crewephotosoc.com/
6. Great British Cup. Our entry is in preparation.
7. PAGB eNews 130 is out and can be downloaded from the front page of our site. Although I’m not one to welcome ads I notice that Marrutts have one which refers to videos about printing. I’ve not tried these but they may be worth a look. Free. Also advertised is the Fotospeed photographers day – a bit expensive at £19. 50 but it is a good event. Finally DISCOUNTED PHOTO SHOW TICKETS (21/24 March).
9. John Gardner is at Sale PS on 22 January and they are inviting us to join them – see EVENTS.
10. The Keele Three Counties entry dates are nearing – see EVENTS.